UPDATE: On September 25th, the Department of Veterans Affairs announced it will issue emergency checks of up to $3,000 to students who have applied for educational benefits and who have not yet received their government payment. The checks will be distributed to eligible students at VA regional benefits offices across the country starting Oct. 2, 2009. Click here for more details on registering for emergency funds online or at your nearest VA regional office.
Going to school on the Post-9/11 GI Bill? Facing delays in VA tuition payments to your college or university? Watch an important video below from IAVA's Chief Legislative Counsel about navigating the GI Bill process.
- Read IAVA's press release on the GI Bill delays.
- Watch: IAVA's Paul Rieckhoff discusses the VA's emergency payments on CNN.
- Check out a New York Times article about the issue, featuring IAVA.
- Learn more about the GI Bill fixes endorsed by IAVA.
- Get the latest information by visiting NewGIBill.org on a regular basis.